California Wildfire Client Announcement
Sep 11, 2020
Information for Nationwide Private Client policyholders in CaliforniaWe want to express our concern during the recent wildfires in California and we hope that you and your loved ones are safe. To help during this time, we would like to offer you an alternative option for your payment due between August 18, 2020 through at least October 17, 2020.
If you were affected by the California wildfires and would like to take advantage of this offer, you must contact your agent or the Private Client Solutions Center (PCSC).
What to expectIf you accept the alternate payment option, your coverage will not be interrupted due to nonpayment, but your balance of owed premium will continue to grow. Please review your billing statement once regular billing resumes, as you’ll be required to pay all the premium that the company earned for the coverage you received. Failure to make a payment for the amount due will result in cancellation of your policy for nonpayment.
Please keep in mind
- If you have paid your policy premium in full, there is nothing else you need to do.
- We will continue sending billing notices and other correspondence associated with your policy, even if you choose to accept the alternative billing option for your payment.
- If you pay by Recurring Electronic Funds Transfer (REFT), your bank account or bankcard will continue to be debited as usual. If you want to delay your payments, you must contact your agent or the PCSC.
- At the end of the alternative payment option, failure to make your payment for the amount due will result in cancellation of your policy.
What you need to know
- If you have already received a billing statement or notice of cancellation effective after the start date of this event, please contact your agent or the PCSC for alternative payment options and request the cancellation be withdrawn.
- The withdrawal of the nonpayment of cancellation notice does not relieve your obligation to pay for coverage at the end of the event time period. Review your billing statement for the amount due.