Frequently Asked Questions for Clients of Nationwide Private Client
Q: How can I get a copy of my auto ID card?
A: You’ll find it in your auto new business or renewal packets. You may also:
- View your vehicle’s digital ID card on our Private Client Connect mobile app.
- Request a new copy of your card with a simple click on the Private Client Connect policyholder portal.
- Call the Private Client Solutions Center at 1-855-473-6410 (Monday – Friday between 7 a.m. and 8 p.m. CT).
- Contact your Nationwide Private Client agent to request your ID cards.
Q: I’m buying a new car over the weekend. Is it automatically covered under my current personal auto policy?
A: With an existing Nationwide Private Client auto policy, your coverage automatically extends to your new car for a specific amount of time, which varies by state. We recommend that you contact your agent or our customer service department within three business days following your purchase to ensure coverage. Please refer to your policy’s newly acquired auto provisions for details.
Q: Does my auto policy include roadside assistance?
A: In most states, roadside assistance is automatically added to private passenger auto policies when at least one vehicle on the policy has comprehensive and collision coverage. Please refer to your automobile policy declarations to see if this coverage applies. To reach roadside assistance, call our Private Client Solutions Center at 1-855-473-6410, option 1.
Q: I’m renting a car. Does my auto coverage extend to my rental?
A: In most states, if comprehensive, collision and liability coverage are listed on your Nationwide Private Client auto policy declarations, those coverages will automatically extend to a car you rent for 90 days or less. If you are renting due to a covered loss on your covered auto, coverage extends until your car is repaired or replaced in most states. Please contact your agent or refer to your policy forms and declarations for additional details.
Q: How can I make a payment?
A: We designed our billing and payment options with your unique lifestyle in mind. For your convenience, we offer three methods of payment:
- Pay online by registering for our Private Client Connect policyholder portal or mobile app.
- Pay over the phone by calling the Private Client Solutions Center at 1-855-473-6410, option 2 (Monday – Friday between 7 a.m. and 8 p.m. CT).
- Pay via mail by sending a check to our banking institution at: Nationwide Private Client, Dept. 781900, P.O. Box 78000, Detroit, MI 48278-1900.
Q: What forms of payment do you accept?
A: You may pay your bill by credit card (Visa or MasterCard), check or electronic funds transfer.
Q: What payment plans are available?
A: You may choose to pay your bill annually, semi-annually, quarterly, or monthly (with a 20% down payment). To fit your needs, you may also select the day of the month that your bill is due. Contact the Private Client Solutions Center at 1-855-473-6410 (Monday – Friday between 7 a.m. and 8 p.m. CT) to make changes to your payment plans.
Q: How do I get your mobile app on my phone or tablet?
A: Our Private Client Connect mobile app is available for download on the Apple App Store and GooglePlay for Android devices. First-time users will be asked to provide their policy number, date of birth (of the named insured on your homeowners policy), and zip code to verify their identity. Policy numbers can be found on your declarations page or by contacting your agent. When entering your policy number, please include the first ten digits without the dash and two digits at the end.